Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Thankfulness Exercise- Remembering the Goodness of God


I’m stuck the last few days in Psalm 103.  I’ve been meditating especially on verses 2 and 5 which say “Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me…He fills my life with good things.  My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!”-NLT

Being Thankful on a run together!
How important it is that we take time to remember THE GOODNESS OF GOD!  If you are like me, sometimes we forget the good things He has done for us.  We forget or don’t really think about all the ways He has filled our lives with good things.  Thanksgiving is a powerful weapon of spiritual warfare and truly important as we encourage ourselves in the Lord! 

Sometimes my husband and I find ourselves grumpy or complaining, especially when we feel tired and weary.  The problems seem large and overwhelming.  I wonder if they will ever be able to be solved.  Then we remember the goodness of God in my life and He renews our strength.  We’ve started doing what we call a Thankfulness Exercise.  Sometimes we do it while going on a walk or run together.  I ask him “What are you thankful for?”  He says one thing then asks me “What are you thankful for?”  We go on like that for 5 or 10 minutes and suddenly life seems better.  Take time to remind yourself of His Goodness.  Speak it out loud.  Let praise fill your heart.

Keeping ourselves encouraged in the Lord is SO KEY in having the strength to press forward toward Supernatural Increase, Greater Fruit, many generations of believers, and the release of hundreds of Movements.  He is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment