Monday, October 12, 2015

Needing Strength?


“Search for the Lord and for his strength; continually seek him” Psalm 105:4. 

What comes into your mind when you hear the word STRENGTH?  I think of Samson and how he pushed on the pillars and made the temple collapse.  I think of a huge ox plowing a field, or a long distance runner finishing a long race running hard and strong.  I think of the martyrs who refused to give up their faith and were stoned.  I think of a single mother, raising a child alone.

There are many kinds of strength we need; physical strength, emotional strength, strength to endure, strength to overcome, strength to fight, strength to believe, strength to start again.  Whatever the strength you need today, He is the source we must turn to. We can’t do it alone.  Our strength comes from Him alone; from taking time to be in His Presence, to worship, pray, hear His voice whisper words of love and affirmation to us once again. “You are my beloved child.  I love you.  I accept you.  You can do this.  I am with you.” Can you hear him speaking these words to you today? 

The enemy wants us to remain weak, defeated and fearful. He continually accuses us and tells us lies about ourselves and our situations.  God wants to strength us, refocus our perspective and to fill us with fresh hope.  He wants to enable us to look beyond the natural into the supernatural.

Let us continually seek Him! May He strength you today; body, soul and spirit.  May He fill your mind with truth and give you peace that passes understanding.  Declare with me out loud- The Lord is our strength! He has given me victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment